Some employers always insist on only employing people who have had past experience in a similar job. However this can put many suitable candidates out of the running. Most positions are 20% actual job content and the other 80% is in core skills.

If the applicant has the core skills and has the necessary attitude, they may well be your person. It would mean training them in the actual job content, but if they have the core skills, that shouldn’t be insurmountable. If you wait around to find someone with the past experience in the actual job content, you might find they don’t have the right attitude for your business? Remember you are trying to buy “potential” in your employees. Email us to find out more about an effective recruitment process.

Download your FREE copy of the Rise Advisory Key Objectives Framework worksheet.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

More Articles

Case Studies

Download your copy of the Lead Enquiry to Invoice Guide!